Your desired to study in America, and for this, you require to take a student visa. It can be done by applying through America. Embassy or Consulate in your home country. The application process involves filling out a form, providing documentation such as proof of enrollment in a U.S. school and financial support, and attending an interview. However, if you seek how to get an American student visa,
There are a few prompt steps in detail that you must get through it simply.
- Apply to a SEVP-approved school- The first step is to apply to a school in America approved by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) which you can get from the America Department of State website.
- Receive a Form I-20 from the school- Once a SEVP-approved school has accepted you, they will issue you a Form I-20. This form proves that you have been taken to the school and can apply for a student visa.
- Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee- The SEVIS I-901 fee is a $350 fee that you must pay to register in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
- Complete the online visa application (Form DS-160)- You can find the Form DS-160 on America. Department of State website. You must complete this form in full and print out the confirmation page.
- Schedule a visa interview- Once you have completed Form DS-160, you must schedule a visa interview at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.
- Attend your visa interview- When you attend your visa interview, you will need to bring your Form I-20, your SEVIS I-901 receipt, passport, Proof of financial support, and Proof of English proficiency (if required), and any other documents that the consular officer may request.
- Receive your visa decision- The consular officer will decide on your visa application after your interview. You will be issued an F-1 visa if your visa application is approved; it permits you to stay or study in America for up to 5 years.
American Airlines does not have any special process for applying for student visas. You will need to follow the same steps as any other applicant. However, American Airlines does offer a student discount on flights to the U.S. If you are a student with a valid student ID, you can save up to 20% on your flight.
Other Essential Tips to Get a Student VISA
Moreover, there are some other essential tips to get a student visa that you should get. through it.
- It can take several months to process a visa application, so it is essential to start the process early.
- The consular officer will ask you about your education, your plans for studying in America, and your ties to your home country. Bring all of the required documents to your visa interview.
- The consular officer is deciding whether or not to grant you a visa, so being courteous and respectful during your interview is essential.
- Ensure you meet all the eligibility requirements for a student visa from their website.
- Be prepared to answer questions about your education, financial support, and plans for after your studies.
- Dress professionally and be polite and respectful during your visa interview.
Acknowledge the type of student visa in the United States of America
The United States of America offers three different types of student visa, and student is classified by that only. Furthermore, you can get aware of those related information by reading to the bottom points:-
• Student visa F:- This visa is allotted to a student for studying in an officially recognized college or university. Besides this, for a student that is learning English at an English learning institute.
• Exchange visa J:- this visa application is for a student exchange program for high school and university studies.
• Student visa M:- when you are traveling for an unacademic, training or vocational study, then you can get an “M student visa” to America.